13 Questions for Wolfgang Fenchel
Introducing Wolfgang Fenchel... the longest standing Electra employee. This guy has been behind the scenes and helping create Electra bicycles for over a decade.
- What is your name and title? Wolfgang Fenchel, Art Director
- Where is your hometown? Wissen/Sieg, Germany. A tiny town in a region called Westerwald, close to the Rhine area. Not that anybody wanted to know, but interestingly “Wissen/Sieg” translates to “Knowledge/Victory.”
- How long have you worked at Electra? 16 years. Not from the beginning, but from quite early on.
- What was your first paying job? Illustrations for local newspaper. I was about 15, and probably was the youngest “reporter” they’ve ever had…
- What are 3 words that describe Electra to you? Style, Fashion, Originality.
- If you were an Electra bike, which one would you be? Hard to say, probably a Townie Path Go! 10D Matte Black (Limited Edition).
- What is the best part about your job? Working in an awesome team.
- When you’re not at work, what are you most likely doing? Exploring new music. An endless source of inspiration.
- If you could party with anyone from history, alive or dead, who would it be? I’d love to meet with Béla Bartók, though I’m sure he’s not a party guy. So for partying, I’d choose David Bowie then. First, he’s seen it all, and second, I’m sure he’d be happy to be back.
- What will bicycles look like in 100 years? I love Sci-Fi, so my guess will be something like lunar hoverbikes…
- What three items would you want to have if you were stranded on a deserted island? A beach towel, a beach umbrella and a cocktail.
- Cake or pie? Apfelstrudel.
- What is your favorite movie? Jacques Tati’s “Playtime’ (1968), pure genius!