It’s the most wonderful time of the year, because of your Electra!
Regardless of where you are, one thing you can plan on doing this season is a holiday ride with friends and family. Around town, some neighborhoods are already decked out with lights, inflatable Santas and all kinds of cheer. If you live in an area where you can enjoy the décor while rolling on two wheels, call up some buddies and take to the streets to marvel in it. Before you go, here are a few tips for how to make this night one for the record books.
- Scope out and take note of the best decorated houses or buildings in your area. Once you have found them all, map out a bike friendly route that cruises by as many as possible.
- Check your local weather and pick a clear crisp winter evening.
- Gather a crew of two-wheeled enthusiasts (AKA your friends and family.).
- Dress appropriately (Ugly holiday sweaters, outrageous headwear, and fuzzy socks).
- Get your bike ready to ride. You can color coordinate if you want with your ugly sweater. Add a basket to carry an extra coat or scarf, and a cup holder for your cocoa is a must have.
- It’s nighttime so being visible is key! Lace up a front and rear safety light to your ride so other décor gazers can see you.
- Get your soundtrack ready for all to hear. Whether you’re a Mariah Carey or Elvis Presley fan, there’s a tune for all to enjoy this time of the year.
- Capture the night. Take photos of each house done up and videos of the ride… We hear iPhone night vision cameras are all the rage!
From all of us at Electra, we wish you a happy holiday season. If you would like to share your holiday festivities with Electra, follow us on Instagram and make sure to tag us so we can follow along with your adventures.